THE TREES OF WINDSOR SQUARE
Trees clean and cool the air.
- Remove carbon dioxide and produce oxygen.
- Provide shade, moisture, and windbreaks.
- Decrease energy used to cool and heat homes.
- Trap dust and pollen.
- Reduce storm run-off and prevent soil erosion.
- Reduce urban noise.
- Provide homes for birds and other wildlife.
Trees improve our health and welfare.
- Provide color, form, and texture to naturally soften our cityscape.
- Beautify, enhance our well being, and reduce stress.
- Protect us from harmful sun rays.
- Provide opportunities to nurture nature in urban areas through care and planting.
- Projects unite neighbors, and foster community pride.
- Provide cool places for children to play.
Healthy trees make dollars and sense.
- Planted strategically reduce energy consumption by 15% to 35%.
- Increase property values as much as 20%
- Require less water than lawns. Shade reduces water requirements of landscaped plants.
- Shady sidewalks attract businesses.
- Planting, care, and management generate jobs in the public and private sectors.
- Provide a wise investment by increasing in value and provide greater environmental benefits as they mature.